Finding Adult Health Care

What is this resource?

As youth with special health care needs grow into adult age, they will need to transition from pediatric (child) health care into adult health care, and will need to find a new doctor (or other clinician, such as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant). This page aims to help youth with special health care needs and their parents with the process of finding adult health care.

How to use

Utilize the tips aimed at families and/or young adults to assist the transition to adult healthcare.

Get the Resource

Resource Topic: Healthcare

Resource Type(s):  Website

Resource Audience/Topic: Advocate for myself, Families, Make Choices and Plan for my Future, Self-Advocates, Transition Planning

Work Together NC